Monday, November 13, 2006

Freedom Has Gone Up In Smoke

It is back to smoking again. Talking to people on the streets I can see how easily they were misled and fooled by dollar driven facts and IDEAS. Smoking is horrible, it causes cancer, it is the worst thing out there. So ban it, everyone knows that it is bad so get rid of it. And if you are a person that doesn't like big government they got you on this one. In other words if you voted yes on 201 (or what ever number it was in the many states other than Arizona that had similar ballot propositions) and you don't like big government you are walking hypocrisy.

I remember fighting with my sister for many years when I was a kid. We would play a game where you push and pull on a door from either side of it until one or the other broke in to it. When ever you were on the out side and pulling, it was best for you because you could just put your shoe in between the door and the wall and closing it was nearly impossible.

That is what this smoking ban was. It was a foot in the door. Now closing that door again is going to be nearly impossible. They will just push and keep pushing and taxing and tearing away our freedoms one by one until we have none.

You might be thinking that I to am a hypocrite because I say that I want tax cuts, government out of smoking, I'm anti-abortion, and I want to stop letting the government take away our freedom. But on the other hand I don't want our society to be "pro-choice" in other words pro-abortion(refer to previous post you'll get all you need to know). And I am not opposed to taking away the NSA wire taps. First off I have not yet seen or heard of anything other than conspiracies about the wire taps. Second it doesn't prevent you from doing anything it just makes sure that you don't want to kill your neighbor or anybody else in this country. If I ever actually see something significant I will stand humbly corrected, but until that day I still have all of my freedom's. But I can't smoke if I want to where I want to and I am not even a smoker.

With that said, I will say this. If I can get cancer from second had smoke then so be it because I don't care as long as you are free. Freedom in this modern world is hard to come by. You might think that I am weird for saying that but it is true. This country is slowly becoming a country not based on for the people, by the people, but for the people, by the government. Sure we vote and we have a choice, but voting for things that actually restrict freedom is like cutting of both of your hands. If they're gone then what will you vote with?

No comments: